In My Neighbourhood | Sponsorship
Marketing a business has changed significantly with the proliferation of computers, Tablets and Smart phones.
Old style marketing is a thing of the past, consumers are tech savvy and embrace the convenience of comparison shopping, browsing for services and online sales.
Families do their browsing for services online in their off hours, which also often happen to be hours when traditional businesses are closed.
Today’s busy families want fast, easy access to information with 1 stop shopping.
Families do not want their quality time interrupted by sales people or telemarketers.
Families receive so much junk mail that it is a proven statistic that it goes in the trash beside the
community mail box and rarely makes it into their home.
Businesses need to use up-to-date marketing techniques to be considered a leading edge company
by today’s consumers.
Growing Business in Today’s Market is a Tough Process
Quick Stats on Online Useage:
There are over 1 Billion online searches each month (comscore)
73% of activity online is related to “local content” searches (google 07)
54% of internet users have substituted internet searches for the phone book (comscore)
70% of online users use local searches before committing to an offline business.
Online shopping is predicted to grow to $370 billion in 2017.
Online search activity doubles after becoming a Mom (Truth about Moms)
Adults over 50 years comprise 1/3 of internet users (emarketer)
A study by Outbrain shows searchers drive traffic to content-rich sites, beating social media by 300%
Today’s businesses need to market their services to their prospective customers in a manner
which is in keeping within the technology of the times and the habits of the residents within their target Neighbourhood.
Sponsoring a Neighbourhood is A Hi-Tech Business Marketing Solution that sets you apart from your competition.
Sponsoring a Neighbourhood in your target market service area, will brand you as the go-to service provider for the area. A sponsor information banner, with interactive links is prominent at the bottom of each page of the site, subliminally putting your business in the minds of all the residents, each time they log onto the site, browse or contribute content.
Your business information will be constantly in front of your target market.
This sponsorship is a perfect marketing tool for professionals who would like to communicate with a specific target market 24/7 while providing that market with a valuable FREE interactive tool to connect with each other and form a unique neighbourhood bond.
There is a dedicated sponsor page on each site that allows the sponsor to feature the benefits of their business, offer discounts, sales and feature products.
Homeowners can request your service 24 hours a day through a direct-to-you, online request form.
Homeowners will be virtually inviting you into their home every time they log onto their Neighbourhood website.
Chatting to homeowners about a FREE service opens more doors than any other market solicitation.
Sponsorship of a Neighbourhood is open to any business, organization or Individual who wishes to promote within that Neighbourhood.
Sponsorship is available on a first come, first serve basis on a minimum 1 year renewable contract period, with guaranteed first right of refusal on subsequent years. You cannot be bumped from sponsorship of a particular Neighbourhood
100% of all updates and maintenance are the responsibility of the staff at “InMyNeighbourhood”.
The site is no maintenance for the sponsor, leaving sponsors free to focus on their core business.
All posts to the site are submitted via email, previewed for content and uploaded to the site.
The sponsor receives copies of each and every post on an ongoing basis. Homeowners will be offering you their name, address, phone and email and allowing you to market your service.
There are very few ways to effectively, interactively target market a specific area, gathering contact information towards future cost effective email campaigns.
Email marketing campaigns are environmentally friendly and cost efficient.
By initially combining sponsorship of a Neighbourhood with traditional marketing techniques such as flyers or signs, the usership on the sites will grow to eventually make environmentally unfriendly junk mail a thing of the past.
Today’s businesses need a venue that shows your commitment to the Neighbourhoods and the people that you service.
Ads and Newspapers are a dying media!
Internet marketing is here! Take your business to the next generation
In My Neighbourhood | Sponsorship Benefits
Research done by the Online Neighbourhood Networks Study has determined that Neighbourhood Websites serve to enhance the sense of belonging, democratic influence, neighbourliness and involvement in their area. Participants claim more positive attitudes toward public agencies where representatives of those agencies are engaging online. Government Councils are finding Neighbourhood Networks to be increasingly effective tools for engaging with residents and delivering services.
Neighbourhood Sites can awaken community involvement
Among findings reported by Residents who use these sites:
- 95% feel more informed about the Neighbourhood
- 92% feel that useful information gets shared efficiently
- 82% feel that people pull together to improve the Neighbourhood
- 69% feel an increased sense of belonging within the Neighbourhood
Finding quality, timely and accessible LOCAL information is a daunting task in our current environment of faltering traditional media and the overwhelming availability of unfiltered, world wide internet information and the proliferation of new online only businesses.
For the Sponsor:
- Promoting to your target market 24/7
- Chatting to homeowners about a FREE service opens more doors than traditional business solicitation.
- Innovative use of Internet.
- Brand yourself in a target area while building rapport with residents.
- Easy to promote! By initially combining sponsorship of a Neighbourhood with traditional marketing techniques such as flyers
or signs, the users on the sites will grow to eventually make environmentally unfriendly junk mail a thing of the past.
- Email marketing campaigns are environmentally friendly and cost efficient.
- It’s a fabulous, effective way to gather homeowner email addresses within a specific target market, with their permission to
advertise to them.
- Homeowners can request your service 24 hours a day through a direct-to-you, online request form.
- Less expensive than regular, traditional monthly newspaper ads.
- Safe content — our staff previews all submissions and links for any objectionable content prior to uploading to the site.
- Provides useful every day information.
- Simplicity: there are no banners, flashy ads or pop ups, the sites are clean, easy to navigate and completely
free of any ads which are not LOCALLY submitted.
For the Neighbourhood Residents:
- Sites are completely FREE to the residents.
- The information and links are all Local.
- One stop shopping for Local Businesses and Resources.
- Residents can interactively share in their neighbourhood by connecting and posting on their site.
- Residents can post any articles they have for sale and search any products they are searching for.
- New neighbours can introduce themselves and quickly connect with kindred souls.
- Find Local real Estate Information.
- Locate Associations and Clubs.
- FREE venue to share your hobbies or seek out other hobbyists.
- FREE venue to post your own home business or locate convenient home businesses within your Neighbourhood.
- Learn about Community Impact issues.
- Learn about your Neighbourhoods history.
- Rate Payers Groups, Schools and non-profit organizations are encouraged to participate in neighbourhood sites, increasing community involvement and awareness. Individual pages can be turned on for such organizations.
- Neighbours can endorse Local businesses, making hiring Local services easier and less stressful.
- Sites are clean and easy to navigate.
Turn our Neighbourhoods into “OLDE FASHIONED” Caring and Sharing Neighbourhoods
In My Neighbourhood | Sponsorship Pricing
Sponsorship of a Neighbourhood is based on a 1-year Contract as the exclusive Sponsor.
The current Sponsor has first right of refusal on subsequent years as Sponsor. One monthly Sponsorship for each Neighbourhood covers all updates & postings, unique URL, ongoing site maintenance and technical enhancements.
The sizes of Neighbourhoods for sponsorship purposes fall into small, medium and large, based on the number of Residences.
The cost of monthly Interactive, Sponsorship is less than the cost of a single regular non-interactive newspaper ad.
[table id=1 /]
YOUR FREE INTERACTIVE NEIGHBOURHOOD WEBSITE
In My Neighbourhood | Advertising
Residents of a Neighbourhood always advertise for FREE on their own Neighbourhood site (must be verified as a Resident).
There are NO advertising costs for Residents.
In My Neighbourhood sites are also available, on limited basis, as an advertising venue for Local Area Businesses, which are located outside the Neighbourhood Boundaries, with the following restrictions:
No Local Advertisers which have businesses in competition to the Sponsor will be permitted to advertise on that site.
All Local businesses that wish to advertise on a site, must have an address located within a 30 minute radius of the site (to keep the integrity of local content).
Business card sized ads are placed on the Services page.
There may be limited availability for square ads at the bottom of the left navigation area of some pages.
- Simple word ads, which may contain a link back to the advertiser’s web page,
- Business card type ads with graphics and links.
We’d be more than happy to assist with the design of any proposed ads. Our ads are based on a monthly charge of $30.00 with a minimum 6 month pre-paid commitment on a single site. Multiple Inserts on a single site or Insertions on several sites are individually quoted.
Call Gordon to discuss your needs at: 647-955-9227
How can you use your Neighbourhood Site?
- Post your home Business — include: logo, contact information, links to your business.
- Find out what services your Neighbours offer — tutors, handyman, dog walking, daycare, music lessons, etc.
- Sell your surplus, with attached pictures, or garage sales.
- Share sports teams stats, successes, fund raisers and photos.
- Find Things to Do and Places to Go.
- Check out all your surrounding Municipal Activities and Special Events.
- Share Photos of your Neighbourhood.
- Introduce yourself to your Neighbours.
- Share News — births, deaths, anniversaries, graduations, special accomplishments etc.
- Share Neighbourhood or Community News — fund raisers, street parties, kids activities, etc.
- Start a homeowner’s association.
- Voice any Neighbourhood concerns or warnings.
- Find area associations, get involved.
- Share hobbies or interests and seek out like mined residents
- Hook up with golf, tennis, running, walking or fitness buddies.
- Post any services you would like to offer to neighbours – babysitting, tax prep, fix it’s, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on schools, boundaries and busing.
- Find local resources — walk-in-clinics, 24 hr drug stores, Municipal & Government Services.
- Find or share Favorite Links or Apps.
- Ask for help in finding lost Puppies or Kittens.
- Find Neighbourhood Real Estate Information.
- Simply Post a Holiday Greeting to your Neighbours